Friday, March 03, 2006

bouncing off a dandelion crown ~ chapbook

bouncing off a dandelion crown
this is the cover for my first chapbook, which has been printed and is for sale – and I am definitely interested in trade just so you know. i will be taking it to small press fairs this spring (in Ottawa and Toronto) and who knows where else (if you have any ideas / suggestions please share them with me) the experience of putting this little book together – holding 31 poems all together – was super challenging but very rewarding and illuminating as well. i was sucked into the hollow shadow of the writer – loving hating. ideas caught in my throat like frogs – taking days to cough up and then when out and hobbling before me, missing legs, an eye, or only a piece of slippery flesh.
anyway, onto the goods - here are three poems from this collection for you to taste. i am still getting familiar with formatting blogs so i have chosen poems that are easy for me to paste here, so perhaps i will change this when i learn more). please tell me what you think about them. a poet i heard speak last week said that poetry, or any art, is all about generating some sort of reaction. so, if you react – re-enact it for me.
~ [untitled]

friend, my heart is this
a match – then
one more

and yet, lets walk tonight
following the fallen
pieces of moon

~ [-blink-]

somewhere backstage
– lens’ costume room –
your image flips

emptying –
your pockets – of
silence

i – pull
elastics – from
your mouth

the curtain –
snaps

~ [in the rearview mirror]

a bird
belly unbuttoned
feathers parted
red
pinned to the road’s
ash fault

except one wing
waving

an-other bird
by its side

hop ping forward

hop ping back
cocking its head
fromside toside

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home